- Application fee: $75, or $110 if applying in both genres. (Payable online via Submittable)
Please note that while you may apply in both genres, if you are accepted in both genres, you must choose only one course of study.
- Application manuscript (in Word or PDF format)
Poetry: 10 pages maximum, no more than one poem per page
Fiction: 25 pages (double-spaced) maximum
- Personal essay (3-4 pages, double-spaced, Word or PDF format)
The essay should address your preparation in the study of creative writing and literature, additional experiences that seem particularly relevant to this application, the strengths and weaknesses of your writing, and your goals for your two years of degree study.
- Critical analysis (3-4 pages, double-spaced, Word or PDF format)
This brief essay should examine an aspect of craft in a poem, if applying in poetry, or in a story or novel if applying in fiction. If applying in both genres, please submit a craft essay for each.
- 2 letters of recommendation
References will receive an email directly from Submittable with questions and instructions to submit their letters to the Program. A third letter is allowed but optional.
- Transcripts from each college or university you have attended.
Unofficial transcripts are acceptable at the application stage; upon acceptance, you will be required to submit official transcripts.
Any student interested in receiving financial aid must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by the deadline date. All grants and scholarships in our program require that the FAFSA demonstrates financial need. Federal loans, available to any student, also require submission of the FAFSA by the deadline date. Please note the filing date on the application form.